It is the policy of Chinook Consulting that occupational health and safety values will not be compromised. No job is so important and no task so urgent that the necessary steps cannot be taken to perform it safely and maintain the health of our employees, contractors and the public.
The management philosophy for Chinook Consulting Services (2004) Ltd. incorporates health, safety and environmental excellence as a core value. Along with our customers, subcontractors and suppliers, we share the vision that we can perform our operations in such a way that no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed or adversely impacted. Therefore, it is our policy to:
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation, regulations and other requirements
- Ensure that systems are developed and implemented to identify, assess, monitor, periodically review and control HSE impacts related to our business activities
- Set HSE objectives and targets, and achieve superior performance (i.e., pollution prevention, hazard elimination, no accidents or incidents) through the utilization of a continuous improvement process
- Provide necessary training and education to enable our subcontractors to understand and perform their roles and responsibilities involved with their job functions
- Implement mechanisms to communicate with and obtain input from customers, subcontractors and other interested parties to the HSE Management System
This statement of policy is the foundation that supports our entire HSE Management System. It establishes our management philosophy with regard to the HSE values, as well as a shared vision between our customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
Our HSE Policy Manual describes the HSE Management System responsibilities of the Chinook Consulting Services organization, and control features necessary for achieving our HSE vision. Compliance with this manual is consistently applied at all locations. Each subcontractor identified with responsibilities in the HSE Management System is responsible for implementing the requirements specifically assigned, and visibly demonstrating their commitment to the HSE process through their actions while performing their work duties.
At Chinook Consulting Services, we are committed - ethically, financially and personally - to a working environment where no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed.