At Chinook Consulting, we understand that our business can have an impact on the environment in which we operate and our activities can affect communities. We strive to build a socially responsible business, in which environment and economy are balanced and harmonized.
Commitment to safety
It is the policy of Chinook Consulting that occupational health and safety values will not be compromised:
- The management philosophy for Chinook Consulting Services (2004) Ltd. incorporates health, safety and environmental excellence as a core value;
- We are committed to a working environment where no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed;
- All our representatives of Chinook have valid H2S, First Aid and WHMIS certifications.
Giving back to the community
Chinook Consulting recognizes the responsibility towards the community in which we live and conduct our business:
- Chinook Consulting supports health and wellness programs, education programs, health and safety programs, environmental programs through donations and sponsorship.
Reducing the number of logged kilometres to and from wellsite, by using local workforce as much as possible:
- Fewer logged driving hours also reduces the risk of accidents;
- We strive to use Saskatchewan residents for Bakken projects, and British Columbian geologists for Horn River projects;
- Our remote geo-steering programs reduce the number of people at the wellsite, leading to less exposure to hazards and fewer vehicles on the road.
Reducing the amount of paper printouts by using electronic files wherever possible:
- This includes a drive to eliminate paper wireline logs at wellsite, while using portable document printouts instead;
- Daily reports are sent by email instead of fax;
- All final report drafts are copy-edited and submitted for approval in electronic form;
- Many files, such as sample photos and TVD logs are only submitted on CD, avoiding the need for environmentally heavy printouts.